Forum for nominated Partnership governors of Bolton schools and academies. This session is free of charge for all schools and governors within the Bolton family.
The Partnership Forums in Bolton aim to strengthen school governance by providing information about local and national initiatives and changes in government legislation. The forums help support effective communication between governing boards and the local authority and promote cohesive working within the Bolton family of schools.
The forums are organised and facilitated by the Governance Services Team, with a strategic lead from within the Education and Learning Team.
The aims and objectives of the forum are:
- To raise standards in schools through excellence in governance
- To be consulted by and work effectively with local authority officers to gain knowledge and information to assist governors in their strategic role
- To provide an effective, collective and representative voice for governors of schools and academies
- To develop and share good practice in governance
- To provide governors with access to training and development opportunities
- To develop links between individual and groups of governors
The meetings are held on a termly basis and the membership is based on attendance of one nominated governor per school – the Partnership Governor. If the Partnership Governor is unable to attend any of the meetings, a substitute governor may take their place.
Whilst social distancing measures continue to operate, and to ensure the safety of all service users and staff, the autumn term Partnership Forum will be held as a live virtual/webinar event. A Q&A service will be available at the live event.
A link to the session will be sent to all those booked on the event by Friday 9 October 2020.