A Forum for nominated Partnership governors of Bolton schools and academies. This session is free of charge for all schools and governors within the Bolton family. The Partnership Forums in Bolton aim to strengthen school governance by providing information about local and national initiatives and changes in government legislation. The forums help support effective communication between governing boards and the local authority and promote cohesive working within the Bolton family of schools. The forums are organised and facilitated by the Governance Services Team, with a strategic lead from within the Education and Learning Team. The aims and objectives of the forum are:
- To raise standards in schools through excellence in governance
- To be consulted by and work effectively with local authority officers to gain knowledge and information to assist governors in their strategic role
- To provide an effective, collective and representative voice for governors of schools and academies
- To develop and share good practice in governance
- To provide governors with access to training and development opportunities
- To develop links between individual and groups of governors
The meetings are held on a termly basis and membership is based on attendance of one nominated governor/trustee per school – the ‘Partnership Governor’. If the Partnership Governor is unable to attend any of the meetings, a substitute governor/trustee may take their place.
The areas of focus for the Summer term session are:
Safeguarding and Child Protection – An update on the work of the Bolton Safeguarding Children Partnership.
Shona Green, Safeguarding Officer
SEND Services in Bolton – An overview of the most recent updates and reforms to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
Head of Service for Children with SEND
Early Years Foundation Stage – An overview of the proposed changes to the EYFS Framework to be implemented from September 2021 alongside key findings from early adopter schools.
Start Well Service
Whilst social distancing measures continue to operate, and to ensure the safety of all service users and staff, the spring term Partnership Forum will be held as a live virtual/webinar event. A Q&A service will be available throughout the live event.
A link to the session will be sent to all those booked on the event by Friday 21 May 2021