In these ever changing times, governors and trustees have a sharper role in a more autonomous system and their ability to challenge and lead is key; asking the right questions, knowing their organisation, understanding the data. Governance development is vital in order for boards to fulfil their roles effectively.
- Governance Roles and Responsibilities
- Strategic and Operational
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Skills Audit & Review
- Challenge and Support
- Governor Visits to Schools
- The Effective Governing Board and Team Work
- School Data: what this means for Governors
- Sustained Effectiveness and Improvement
- Demonstrating Impact
- Sessions will be tailored to your governing, trust or local academy board’s specific needs.
- The sessions will address particular issues which have been raised through self-evaluation or external parties.
- The sessions, whilst providing development, also provide the opportunity for teamwork and bonding as a professional board.
- The timing of the sessions can be varied, depending on governor and trustee time constraints.
Further information about the sessions available and associated costs can be gained by contacting Marie Ahmad, Development Officer on 01204 332104 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org